The restrictions and requirements published on this website are based on information received from destination postal administrations or the Universal Postal Union (UPU).
As the sender is responsible for the content of his/her postal item, he/she should obtain information about the import-export options for the destination country.
The content prohibited for import in the destination country is specified under “Prohibited Articles”.
The “Conditionally Admitted Articles” section specifies the content permitted by the relevant postal administration subject to certain conditions. These are normally certificates the sender is required to provide at the time of sending or the addressee is required to obtain at the time of delivery.
It is prohibited to send any of the following in priority registered mail:
- coins, banknotes, foreign currencies or securities of any kind;
- traveler checks;
- platinum, gold or silver (whether treated or untreated); and
- precious stones, jewelry or any other precious items.
The mail transfer/delivery times are exclusive of:
- the mail receipt date (D);
- the time of delay as a result of an inaccurate or incomplete address for the addressee;
- the time of delay as a result of force majeure or a traffic congestion for which Croatian Post is not responsible;
- non-business days and days when postal items are not delivered;
- the duration of the customs procedure in the destination country.
International Service Guide is avaiable in Croatian at https://www.posta.hr/vodic-za-medunarodne-usluge-137/137