When sending your telegram, you will be told exactly when your telegram will be delivered.Telegrams are not delivered on Sundays and holidays.
Croatian Post ensures that telegrams are transferred and delivered within the following times:
- In localities having organized delivery of telegrams , delivery is arranged so that all telegrams received up to a defined time limit are delivered on the same day. Telegrams arriving after such receipt time limit are delivered on the next business day.
- In localities where no organized delivery of telegrams is available, telegrams are delivered by postal delivery. Telegrams received at the destination post office before the postman starts his route are delivered on the same day. Telegrams received after the postman starts his route are delivered on the next business day.
- Telegrams sent to localities exempted from the obligation to deliver mail on a daily basis are delivered by postal delivery at least once a week.
- Telegrams sent to localities exempted from the obligation to deliver mail on a daily basis that arrive after the postman starts his regular delivery route are communicated to the addressee by telephone and delivered as part of the next delivery. In case the addressee is not a telephone service subscriber or prefers not to have the telegram read to him/her over the phone, it will be forwarded by phone or fax to the relevant distribution area to be delivered to the addressee on the next business day.
The above times are exclusive of:
- the time of arrival after the defined receipt time limit or after the postman starts his route;
- the time of delay as a result of an inaccurate or incomplete address for the addressee; and
- the time of delay as a result of force majeure or technical interference for which Croatian Post is not responsible and the time the post office is closed.
These time limits for transferring and delivering telegrams do not apply to telegrams for which the sender requests the special service of having it delivered on a particular day (URUČITIx).