If you need to wire money to your family or friends anywhere in the world or help a traveler in an emergency, choose Croatian Post and Western Union.Western Union is the largest cash transfer organization in the world. You can send your money to and receive it from over 200 countries and withdraw it at over 480,000 sites. Cash is transferred (sent or received) at your request internationally. You can ask for a cash payment or withdrawal request form at a post office and money will be paid by or to you in the local currency in cash.
How to send your money?
- Visit your nearest post office where Western Union services are provided and complete a Send Money Form. You can also send a short message to the payee.
- After you give the teller the completed form and money, you will receive a payment receipt and an MCTN number.
- Let the payee know you sent them money and indicate your particulars and the MCTN number.
- In a few minutes, the payee will be able to collect cash at a Western Union office anywhere in the world.
How to receive money?
- If you are receiving money, check with the payer that the money was sent through the Western Union network, the amount paid and the payment date.
- After receiving the notice, visit your nearest Western Union office and bring an identity document (identity card, passport).
- Insert the MTCN number, the payer’s full name, the expected amount and the country of origin in the Receive Money Form.
- The Western Union agent can only check that the money has been wired and disburse it immediately based on a correct MTCN.
Delivery timeMoney sent through Western Union can be withdrawn only a few minutes after it is wired.
|Value in EUR||Commission in EUR||Commission in HRK|
|0,00 - 100,00||7,00 €||52,74 HRK|
|100,01-150,00||10,00 €||75,35 HRK|
|150,01 - 300,00||15,00 €||113,02 HRK|
|300,01 - 400,00||20,00 €||150,69 HRK|
|400,01 - 600,00||25,00 €||188,36 HRK|
|600,01 – 800,00||32,00 €||241,10 HRK|
|800,01 -1.000,00||38,00 €||286,31 HRK|
|1.000,01 – 1.500,00||45,00 €||339,05 HRK|
|1.500,01 – 2.000,00||55,00 €||414,40 HRK|
|2.000,01 - 2.500,00||65,00 €||489,74 HRK|
|2.500,01 – 3.000,00||75,00 €||565,09 HRK|
|3.000,01 – 4.000,00||85,00 €||640,43 HRK|
|4.000,01 – 5.000,00||100,00 €||753,45 HRK|
|Message of up to 10 words||1,33 €||10,00 HRK|
|Each additional word||0,13 €||1,00 HRK|
ContactTo find out where your nearest post office is and obtain any further information, please call us at 01 6626 870 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday-Friday) and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A worldwide list of offices is available on the website of Western Union.
Fixed conversion rate: 1 EUR = 7,53450 HRK