- Type: C
- Date: 26.11.2018.
- Number: 1170
- CHRISTMAS 2018
- There is an entire history behind the transition from an icon to a holy card. The format needed to be reduced in size, so that it could enter the everyday lives of ordinary people. Looking at icons was supposed to provide aid, comfort and the reinvigoration of faith. Since the Early Middle Ages, pictures have been created in monasteries for personal use by copying images from breviaries and other notable works.
CROATIA – FRANCE JOINT EDITION, DECORATIVE ARTS
- Type: C
- Date: 8.11.2018.
- Number: 1169
- CROATIA – FRANCE JOINT EDITION, Vase (Émile Gallé)
- The trade mark of Gallé's specific style is the luxurious inventory of decorative ornaments inspired by his interest in botany and symbolism giving him the title of the greatest glass painter.
- Number: 1168
- CROATIA – FRANCE JOINT EDITION, Vase (Antonija Krasnik)
- A characteristic example of refined aesthetics of shaping is a vase made of iridized transparent glass in blue-green shades with an applique of silver leafs in iris flower shapes on elongated intertwined thin stems, one of the favourite Art Nouveau motifs.
PROTECTED HORSE BREEDS - LIPIZZAN
- Type: C
- Date: 7.11.2018.
- Number: 1167
- PROTECTED HORSE BREEDS - LIPIZZAN
- The Lipizzan horse dates back to the stud farm Lipizza in Slovenia in 1580, which, at the time, served as the Austrian Court’s stud farm. The Lipizzan is a resilient and enduring horse, appropriate for riding and carriage pulling, predominantly not taller than 160 cm, and known for its benign temperament.
CROATIAN WAR OF INDEPENDENCE – 1st GUARDS BRIGADE “TIGERS”
- Type: C
- Date: 5.11.2018.
- Number: 1166
- CROATIAN WAR OF INDEPENDENCE – 1st GUARDS BRIGADE “TIGERS”
- The 1st Guards Brigade “Tigers” was founded as a special unit of the Ministry of the Interior in Rakitje on 5 November 1990, and acted in the capacity of a military unit after the formation on the stadium of the football club “Zagreb” on 28 May 1991.
MINERALS AND ROCKS
- Type: S/S
- Date: 24.10.2018.
- Number: 1165
- MINERALS AND ROCKS, AUGITE
- MINERALS AND ROCKS, AUGITE On a shore facing Svetac there are near perfectly rounded conglomerates whose heights reach up to half a meter. Explaining the creation of Brusnik conglomerates, Fran Tućan emphasized the long term effect of sea waves in order to create conglomerates of such high level curvature from broken pieces of such “tough” rocks such as diabase. Brusnik has been protected as a geological nature monument since 1951.
- Number: 1164
- MINERALS AND ROCKS, QUARTZ “čađavac”
- MINERALS AND ROCKS - QUARTZ Quartz (SiO2) is one of the most common minerals in the Earth's crust. In terms of various colours, we distinguish the colourless rock crystal, yellow citrine, purple amethyst, brown smoky quartz, black smoky quartz, green jade, rose quartz and grainy white coloured quartz – milky quartz. Transparent quartz with nice colours is often used to make jewellery.